Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog 7


Considering the fact that I am naturally more of an extrovert, I have the tendency to network and connect with others fairly easily. I find it easy to talk to strangers and network with people on a personal and professional basis. With this being said, by playing a significant role in my community, high school, and college, I have created a very broad group of friends and a great social network. Therefore, I have a relatively large sphere of influence in my community!

If I wanted to broaden my sphere of influence in order to enact more social change, I would reach out to various clubs and organizations through UCF and decide which of those would be interested in helping me make an impact with my social change project. Otherwise, I would contact local community organizations and businesses to help with my social change project.

Influence can be dangerous as a leader by enabling people with bad intentions to create negative social change or empower negative leaders in society. Conversely, influence can be helpful as a leader by creating positive social change and solving community issues through collaboration and networking. In either case, influence can serve to be beneficial or detrimental to society depending on the motives of the person holding the influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment